Friday, September 25, 2009

Adi the sales man!!!!

It was a friday in the hot month of april 2007. Just out of college, done with exam. Most of them campus placed.... I was jobless, literally. Madness of doing something different. something unique, known for it always. Had no money at all. And I got a call from consultant and said there is a job opening in a financial services company, interview scheduled between 10am to 1.30pm... I was at home, it was 11.30am in morning, but no petrol in bike...!!! I went to my mom, and said if i dont come back with a job..... will stop asking for money for sure!!!
I borrowed Rs.30 from my mom and reached A Consultancy called Turning Point(Literally!!!). It was 1.45pm and interviews were over... people were having lunch. I walked into the place and said I got a call from this place for interview! A lady called Mridula walked out with a plate and said its over. All were walking out, i decided enough is enough and walked out,... suddenly heard a voice which said; "Come I will take ur interview". I said,"I wanna be inerviewed by the company people and not anyone". This person replied and said"Hey, I'm from the company and I have a position available".
I stood with him, he offered me a ciggarate and I said no thanks..... got a big smile... Actually over burdened by the expectations of the people around, there was no I could goof this up..... He asked tell me something abt urself and I replied exactly the person u're looking for the job!! A burst of laughter i could see and the person interviewing me said u're in!!! I asked wats the job?? then he said u need to sell Life insurance, I said Life insurance agent??? He said Life insurance agent's manager!!! The next thing was I landed up a job of selling Life insurance for one of the most reputed company in the industry.I said to Mr. Joshi u'll never regret this!!!
watch out the space for the sales man and his endeavour.......

No comments:

Post a Comment