Friday, April 8, 2011

Want, need and more.......

Decided not to write a long one, will keep it short. I want this, that and more..... however, what we really want is a meal to satisfy hunger, a place to call as home, loved ones to share and most important inner peace of being yourself. Yeah yeah I know money is important and of course education, love in life, a own house, a good rather a great career, and blah blah blah......!!!!! List seemed never ending, I always thought them to be simple but when listed seem long and never ending.

However, I give lot of credit to MBA (have to give!!!!) This MBA has been quite a transformation for me, i'm sure all my friends after reading this would be wondering WTH, and saying to themselves that he is still the same useless he has been. Lazy to the core. Anyway, don't wanna deviate from what I was digressing about.

As humans, we need some things, we want certain things and Finally the definition of these two would be different for each individual. A want for one is a need for other and viceversa. I was listening to a talk by Dalai Lama and he said, the objective of an individual is not to chase his wants but to make sure the needs of himself and his family be satisfied. A very deep and intriguing thought. However, When Ambani built his palatial house, what was he trying to do? Satisfy his families needs to heed to their wants? It can be a want in my perspective, but can be a need of his family with a 1.6lac Cr. wealth cant it be a need for them? Hmmmm...... the difference between want and need seems so simple until we looked from different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment